Boys Wrestling Pins State!
Waukee and Northwest Wrestling Teams both traveled to Wells Fargo Arena to compete in the IHSSA State Tournament where they both had immense successes. In total, Waukee CSD has 13 State Qualifiers (3 Waukee, 10 Northwest), and Northwest also had two wrestlers earn State Titles.
Waukee State Qualifiers
- Wes Anderson (Junior)- 135, 6th place in the State Tournament
- Drew Pelton (Senior)- 152, Made it to Consolation Round 3
- Blake Hauck (Senior)- 170, Made it to Round of 16
Northwest State Qualifiers
- Koufax Christiansen (Junior)- 120, STATE CHAMPION, 2nd State Title in the past 3 years
- John King (Junior)- 126, 8th place in the State Tournament
- Carter Freeman (Junior)- 132, STATE CHAMPION, 3rd State Title in the past 3 years
- Lincoln Hutt (Sophomore)- 138, First-time State Qualifier
- Dom Rubino (Senior)- 145, 8th place in the State Tournament
- Logan Stotts (Senior)- 152, 5th place in the State Tournament
- Abraham Parker (Sophomore)- 182, First-time State Qualifier
- Brayden Williams (Sophomore)- 195, First-time State Qualifier
- Cael Winter (Senior)- 220, 7th place in the State Tournament
- Jamal Neeway (Sophomore)- 285, First-time State Qualifier
Congratulations to all those involved from both schools with a successful wrestling season!