- Concussion/Brain Injury Form for Athletics One Per Calendar Year
- Iowa Athletic Preparticipation Physical Examination One Per School Year
SUNDAY, AUGUST 2 – FALL SPORTS KICK-OFF MEETING
- This is for all parents and athletes who will participate in any sport this fall.
- 9th-12th grade paperwork will be turned in 5:30 – 6:30 p.m.
- Our Activities Director Jim Duea will then speak at 6:30 p.m. When he is finished we will break off into sport-specific meetings and they will last until 8 or 8:30 p.m.
- Please schedule a physical for some time this summer – if there is not a current physical form on file in the high school activities office you will not be able to practice until we receive one. please plan ahead!
MONDAY, AUGUST 10 – FRIDAY, AUGUST 21
- This starts our mandatory practice schedule so please plan accordingly!
- Total team tentative practice times for two-a-days (m-f): 7-9 am and 3:30 – 5:30 pm
- Saturday practice times TBA but will start and finish by 10:00 am
- Diving schedule may be adjusted a bit during two-a-days – TBA!
MONDAY, AUGUST 24 – END OF SEASON
Regular-season practice schedule will begin
- All varsity swimmers will practice before school and after school
- All JV swimmers will practice after school and Wednesday mornings
- We have a shuttle bus that takes swimmers/divers to school from the YMCA in the morning and also brings athletes from school to the YMCA in the afternoon.
Tentative practice times:
- Varsity 5:30 – 7:00 a.m. and 4:00 -5:30 p.m.
- JV 3:15 – 4:15 p.m. and 5:30-7:00 a.m. on Wednesday mornings
- Saturday practice times TBA but will start and finish by 10:00 a.m. for both Varsity and JV
- Diving schedule TBA – usually practices are 4x a week in the morning or afternoon. coach dana will contact all divers with details as the season gets closer.
Swim/dive Meets – Normally on Tuesdays and will start at 5:00 or 5:30 and are usually over by 8:00 p.m. a full schedule will be provided at Fall Kick-off Meeting.
All swimmers/divers are required to purchase a team swimsuit. The suit will be available in July at Elsmore Swim Shop. I will send an email out when they are ready and you can go try one on and purchase.